The time is finally here! Tomorrow afternoon I head to New York, where I'll fly straight to Copenhagen. The plan is to get there at around 7 AM Sunday morning, which will be about 1:30 AM U.S. time. Hearing about the snow that is coming tomorrow makes me a little nervous, especially for the drive to the airport, but I know that God's in control of everything, and that if I'm meant to board the plane, I will! I'm so grateful for everyone who has wished me well, and I know this will be the best experience of my life.
I have been in touch with my host family, and they seem wonderful! They live 5 minutes from the airport, so transitioning to my new home Sunday afternoon should be fairly easy. I'm hoping that as the semester goes on, our schedules will mix well and I'll find a new home with the Kristensen's :)
Looking at the suitcases that are currently scattered around the first floor of my house, it is becoming more and more real that this will definitely be an adventure. Trying to not overpack has been a challenge (and I'm not sure if I've succeeded...) but I'm hoping to leave some things in Denmark and bring some European treasures back in exchange!
Now it's time to get some rest (at least try to!) in preparation for what tomorrow will bring. But, as I keep telling myself, I can't plan for tomorrow, but only for the present day God has given me. Thank you for the prayers and please keep them coming, as the next few days will be full of radical change (and a nervous stomach). Luckily, I'm traveling with 9 other girls from PhilaU, most of whom are some of my closest friends. Can I ask for anything more?!
Next time I write on here, I'll be in Denmark. CAN'T WAIT!!!
I hope you arrived safely and I can't wait for you to update from Denmark!!!!
ReplyDelete